Looking for a Senior Salesforce Admin to join our Information Technology Leadership team in Denver, Colorado (DTC)
Note: This position will require your ability to come into the office 2x/week (Tue/Thu).
What You’ll Do
- Interacts directly with business analysts and internal business users to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with internal Salesforce instances.
- Develops solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals.
- Provide administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environments, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects, and workflow.
- Onboard and mentor new administrators, developers and interns.
- Contribute to an agile development model and adhere to Salesforce best practices for the deployment of changes.
- Schedule ongoing meetings with other administrators to check in and ensure the development of cohesive solutions for our business users.
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technically related field, or equivalent education/experience
- 2+ years of experience doing Salesforce Administration
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Experience designing and documenting technical solutions and working with Business Analysts, development teams and stakeholders
- Experience with Apex and Flows
- Experience with LWC, VisualForce and REST API is a plus.
- Salesforce Administration and Configuration Experience (Sandbox environment management, defining a Security model, integrating with Connected Apps)
- Knowledge of relational databases and data modeling including Salesforce.com SOQL query language
- Knowledgeable in standard functions/modules of Salesforce.com: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, and AppExchange/App cloud application integration. CPQ & Billing knowledge is also desirable.
- Ability to follow an agile or iterative software development methodology
- Excellent knowledge of CRM concepts
- Has, or is working towards, Advanced Administrator Certification
- 5+ years working with CRM systems
- An interest in learning new things, from the business context, to new tools and technologies, to fundamentals of good configuration practices and a willingness to teach others.
- Experience in mentoring
For Colorado-based candidates, in compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is $120,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience.
Excellent compensation, bonuses, and benefits. More importantly, you’ll have a seat at the table and make a difference.
Apply or contact us today!