Lead Email Marketing Manager
Remote – USA and Canada EST and CST preferred
We Need a Leader!!!
Join a fast growing digital agency that supports some of the best brand names in the CPG market.
You'll oversee 2-3 direct reports and and be responsible for the Marketing Cloud planning and optimization services offered. You will oversee the designing of, reporting on, and improvement of the performance of email marketing, marketing automation and loyalty programs of our client accounts – in a role that incorporates both strategy and execution. You will work closely with cross-functional teams (e.g. Client Services, Media, Tech and Creative) to achieve key outcomes, including the growth of overall customer acquisition, loyalty, retention, and lifetime value (CLV) key performance metrics.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Oversee the effective progression of our Marketing Cloud offering. Serve as a subject matter expert and key contributor on customer engagement and retention strategies and tactics, including customer profiles, segmentation, journey mapping, lifecycle marketing (CRM), marketing automation and the use of AI and machine learning in campaign performance optimization;
Overall, this role is to be the tactical subject matter expert when it comes to CRM; so you will use the overall strategy to design/plan/own how it will be set up in SFMC, as well as the actual setup inside the tool. You will then hand it off to the CS teams to deploy, then re-enter the picture to evaluate performance and organize optimization strategies (e.g. through experimentation, testing, new features / best practices) and work with CS to execute these strategies.
- Lead the CRM strategy of all marketing communications campaigns end-to-end (ideation to reporting): primarily “newsletter” and “automated workflow” email campaigns, but also direct mail, automated SMS message campaigns and push notifications, where applicable;
- Build campaigns to improve customer loyalty: nurture strategies, reward-disbursement workflows, and surprise-and-delight campaigns, while minimizing unsubscribes;
- Monitor and report on key metrics, understanding root causes of changes in performance, in order to recommend responsive strategies and tactics;
- Execute A/B tests and multivariate tests to optimize campaign performance (e.g. dynamic/static content, subject lines, deployment times, promotional offers, CTAs, segment validation);
- Collaborate on the development of customer segmentation strategies, and provide campaign performance insights to senior business leadership;
- Ensure compliance with CASL (Canada) and CAN-SPAM / CCPA (US) legislation, customer data/access policies and corporate privacy policies
- Act as a data evangelist within the agency to promote a “test and learn” culture and propose how new tools and technologies can improve performance.
- Act as leader on the service offer, helping to propel the offering forward: ensure team is up to date on latest technologies and required skills, project allocation within the team, internal point of contact for all things planning and optimization of CRM programs.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Super duper bad-assery!
- Experience managing a team and training junior employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related quantitative field (additional specialized training or certifications preferred);
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, SFMC Consultant certification preferred;
- Experience in marketing analytics, data analysis, reporting or consumer insights;
- Knowledge of best practices in loyalty programs, email marketing, marketing automation and customer retention, as well as the ability to communicate them to others persuasively;
- Ability to interpret data and insights obtained from testing and make iterative optimizations to campaigns and overall marketing strategy;
- Highly detail-oriented analytical approach: you are the person who naturally notices flaws in everything and who can suggest ways to improve;
- Highly organized: you are able to work autonomously with little guidance and meet project deadlines;
- You take pride in achieving excellence and you take mistakes seriously;
- Hustle and willingness to learn: you speak your mind and welcome feedback to ensure your team’s output is the best it can be
Interested? Do not hesitate. Apply now!